By: Dr. Mike Jorgensen, Red River Wellness
The new year is at hand! One of the most common resolutions people share is wanting to shed those holiday pounds (and then some) and finally get “in shape.”
We’ve got a tremendous problem of obesity in our culture today and it is bringing our healthcare and insurance system to its knees. As a chiropractor, I never thought I’d be in the weight loss business but with our country failing at the battle of the bulge, I felt I needed to look into helping people solve this problem.
Here are just a few of the things I’ve learned over the past few years:
- Bread, pasta, bagels, cereals and potatoes are all complex carbs that break down into sugar in the body.
- Consumption of simple and complex carbs causes the body to release insulin and tell our cells to “store fat.”
- In order to get our bodies burning fat and not muscle, we must restrict carbs and fat while supplying adequate protein at the same time being on a restricted calorie diet.
- Exercise stinks for trying to lose weight. Its best at helping you maintain your weight loss once attained..
- Your body will race back to health and away from high blood pressure, high cholesterol, type II diabetes and more once you get sugar and insulin under control in your diet.
The American diet and what most people are currently eating is what we’re up against. It’s up to you to take control of your health future but you don’t have to do it alone. If you have any further questions, you may find more answers at www.redriverwellness.com.
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.