“To us in America, the reflections of Armistice Day will be filled with solemn pride in the heroism of those who died in the country’s service and with gratitude for the victory, both because of the thing from which it has freed us and because of the opportunity it has given America to show her sympathy with peace and justice in the councils of the nations. ” – President Woodrow Wilson, November 11, 1919
9 a.m. Ceremony at Veterans Memorial Bridge, VVA Chapter 941, Russ Stabler Color Guard Commander
10:30 a.m. Form up at Great Northern Depot on 4th Avenue North and 5th Street for the parade.
10:55 a.m. Raising of the Colors at Fargo Civic Memorial Auditorium Flag Pole – Flyover by Toby McPherson, P51
11 a.m. Community Program, Fargo Civic Memorial Auditorium, Centennial Hall
- Posting of the Colors and Veterans Organization Flags. Mark Wagemann, Past AMVETS Commander, Department of North Dakota, Master of Ceremonies
- National Anthem – Red River Valley Veterans Concert Band
- Opening Prayer – Sharon Kaseman, Fargo VFW Post 762 Chaplain
- Welcoming Remarks – Moorhead Mayor Del Rae Williams
- Welcoming Remarks – Dilworth Mayor Chad Olson
- Welcoming Remarks – Fargo Deputy Mayor Tim Mahoney
- Keynote Address – Michelle Olson, American Legion Commander Post 2, Fargo
- Closing Prayer – Sharon Kaseman, Fargo VFW Post 762 Chaplain
- Honor Guard to Fire Volly & Taps
West Fargo VFW Post 7564, Ladies Auxiliary and AMVETS Post 8 Annual Veterans Day Program
VFW Club, 308 Sheyenne Street, West Fargo – Open to the public and all ages.
10:45 a.m. Flag raising
11 a.m. Program with music by West Fargo High School, an address by LTC Deb Lien, North Dakota Army National Guard and a 21-gun salute by VFW Honor Guard.
4:30 p.m. Stew Dinner (ends at 6:30 p.m.)
7 p.m. Red River Valley Veterans Concert Band Performance
Moorhead American Legion
11 a.m. Merle’s Stew
Noon Park Christian Choir
1 p.m. Meat Raffle
3 p.m. Red River Valley Veterans Concert Band
4 p.m. Ladies Auxiliary 96th Birthday Cake & Vets Day “Christmas Raffle” drawing (Fergus Falls Veterans Home)
7 p.m. Bingo. Happy Hour All Day.
American Legion, Post #2
Noon Stew served in Legacy Hall (Red River Valley Veterans Concert Band at 12:15 p.m.)
12:35 p.m. Honoring John Hillerson, a 26-year member of Post 2 and WWII Veteran. Hillerson turned 100 years old this past August.
1:20 p.m. POW/MIA ceremony
Fargo VFW, Post #762
11 a.m. Ladies Auxiliary Bake Sale (ends at 2 p.m.)
Noon Stew and Ladies Auxiliary
2 p.m. Red River Valley Veteran’s Concert Band
Activities throughout the afternoon.
AMVET’s Post #7
1 p.m. SOS will be served
2 p.m. Fargo AMVETs Ceremony – VA Hospital
Dilworth VFW Post
4 p.m. Mulligan Stew and Auxiliary program at held at Eventide
Harwood American Legion
Noon Legion Opens
4 p.m. Stew
For more information contact Terry Richardson, Commander, United Patriotic Bodies 701.850.2590.