As spring (hopefully!) approaches, many of us are getting ready for the Fargo Marathon Inc. Not only is it a great event, but the marathon also partners with local nonprofits and encourages individuals to run for a reason! Marathon participants simply pick a nonprofit through the GoFarCharities – that is close to their heart – and run/walk for a purpose! Since 2009, 1,470 GoFarCharity runners and walkers have raised a total of $412,000 for local and regional charities.
The biggest benefit for runners is the impact they get to have from being part of the GoFar Charity community on marathon weekend and the knowledge that their efforts have contributed to the greater good of the community by helping their fellow citizens who are in need. PLUS, runners will get the Official 2013 Fargo Marathon posters, incentive prizes for goals reached, including an official GoFar Charity Team technical running T- shirt, and other prizes from the charities, access to Charity Village at FARGODOME on race day for gear storage, treats, post-race massages, a post-race family meeting area, snacks and beverages and invitations to various social events and group runs organized by the charities.
Give to Chamber Members First
Members of The Chamber encompass a variety of organizations throughout the Fargo Moorhead area and beyond. Essential to our membership are nonprofits, many of whom depend immensely on the support of their local community. The following GoFar Charities are Chamber members:
- Alzheimer’s Association MN-ND Chapter Eastern North Dakota Regional Center
- American Cancer Society
- Arthritis Foundation – Upper Midwest Region
- Catholic Charities North Dakota
- Dakota Medical Foundation Lend A Hand
- HERO, Healthcare Equipment Recycling Organization
- Lake Agassiz Habitat for Humanity
- North Dakota Autism Center, Inc.
- Rape & Abuse Crisis Center of Fargo-Moorhead
- Riding on Angel’s Wings
- TNT Kid’s Fitness & Gymnastics